| POSITION SUMMARY: |
Capable clinician, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care, as part of the interdisciplinary team, to a variety of complex patients. Manages care and implements treatment plans at a refined skill level in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the health care team. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning leadership role but seeks mentoring in this process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assesses the physical, psychological, social and cultural dimensions of patients according to professional practice standards and institutional policy/procedure at the Clinician 2 level.
2. Organizes, coordinates and prioritizes nursing care activities considering the needs of the patient at the Clinician 2 level.
3. Implements patient population specific interventions based on individual patient needs at the Clinician 2 level.
4. Evaluates effectiveness of care and care coordination progressing patients toward desired outcomes at the Clinician 2 level.
5. Develops and implements patient/caregiver teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient at the Clinician 2 level.
6. Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
7. Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others at the Clinician 2 level.
8. Demonstrates leadership in the delivery of patient care at the Clinician 2 level.
• Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing Degree preferred.
• Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
• License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
To Apply: https://uvahealth.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?job=30515
Pay Range: 25.80 - 42.70 Primary Location: Charlottesville
Work Locations: Main Hospital 1215 Lee St. Charlottesville 22908
Job: Registered Nurse
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.