At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers and physician groups, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Back Office Responsibilities:
· Room patients, take and document vital signs, and assist provider with medical exam. Evaluate patients for immediate medical need and report to provider.
· Perform accurate charting, assessments, and intervention and follow-up per scope of practice and administer medications and perform procedures per scope of licensure and per provider order.
· Adhere to infection control, universal precautions, and use of personal protective equipment as needed for all patient care procedures, maintenance of equipment, and disposal of waste.
· Organize patient correspondence and phone messages. Make accurate and precise callbacks per provider instruction to reinforce provider instructions, follow-up care, patient education, and test results.
· Maintain cleanliness and sterilization of instruments, exam rooms, and all treatment areas (e.g. surgery, lab, cast room, etc.) as needed or directed.
· Follow current policies and procedures for labeling and collection of all specimens, using appropriate media.
· Maintain current knowledge of medications, sterile technique, and policies and procedures. Maintain current licenses/certificates.
· Assist provider to complete E&M coding and charging in a timely and accurate manner.
· Access and interpret needed information from facility MSDS book or MSDS on-line in a prompt manner.
· Respond to and participate in all clinical emergencies and maintenance of emergency equipment.
Front Office Responsibilities:
· Greet, sign in, and highlight patients' names immediately, notifying appropriate provider of patient arrival. Also collect and receipt payments accurately, act as an information resource to patients/visitors, and verify all patient registration data, following through with all changes. Produce error –free batches which include counting and balancing the cash drawer in agreement with EHR.
· Schedule appointments according to individual provider attributes and department guidelines.
· Maintain knowledge of computer scheduling functions, using proper registration protocols with all new patients, editing existing patient data, and utilizing proper visit types.
· Complete all patient insurance/demographic changes, and all other needed account modifications in a timely and accurate manner.
· Notify the nurse/provider that patient has arrived. Continuously review waiting room for prolonged patient waiting. Notify appropriate party (patient/provider/nurse) when extended waiting time occurs. Communicate any and all delays to patients waiting longer than 15minutes, and offer alternatives when necessary. Notify management of patient issues.
· Scan the provider schedules in detail to ensure appropriately scheduled appointments, ing supervisor to any concerns/issues, and to verify providers are accurately scheduled out for meetings, days off, etc.
· Continuously oversee the waiting room for cleanliness and safety. Straighten/tidy waiting area as needed. Report safety concerns to appropriate individual.
· Maintain knowledge of MCMG providers, locations, hours, and services. Utilize tools and resources appropriately to offer information and match patients' needs with of MCMG services and protocols.
· Confirm all appointments as directed. Reschedule any bumped appointments. Process kept or cancelled appointments per policy. Assist new patients with patient information forms and properly verify insurance eligibility for all appointments. Escort or direct patients to appropriate waiting area for medical services.
· Assist patients with insurance, medical group, plan and benefit questions and information.
· Monitor EHR Work Log and Task basket continuously and process accordingly.
· Perform any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested/assigned by the management team within the scope of knowledge/ability.
· Locate charts and utilize chart tracking for logging in and out medical records in accordance with appropriate policy and procedure.
· Answer telephones, take messages, and forward to appropriate person.
· Accurately file all paperwork in corresponding medical records, in date order and according to standard chart format.
· Document and follow through on messages. Notify supervisor of inability to complete message protocol when necessary.
· Perform any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge/ability.