Providence is calling Registered Nurse Fellows (experienced RNs) and Registered Nurse Residents (new graduate RNs) to our Southern California Transition into Practice (TIP) program at Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center, San Pedro.
For detailed information about our TIP Program please visit our website at: Transition Into Practice Program at http://bit.ly/2duUm6t (you may need to hold the CTRL button when clicking the link).
We are seeking Registered Nurses who are:
- Experienced RNs interested in a Fellowship Program in a new practice specialty.
- New graduate RNs seeking a professional Residency transition program.
The Nursing Institute Transition into Practice Program (TIP) offered by Providence Heath & Services in the Southern California Region is committed to developing our people as a strategic priority to ensure we provide the highest quality care to those we serve.
This Registered Nurse professional development program is designed to support either the newly licensed (new graduate Resident) progression from education to practice in a first professional nursing role, or the experienced nurse (Fellow) transitioning into a new practice specialty.
- Newly graduated RNs (Residents) are within 18 months of graduation and typically have less than 12 months of experience.
- Experienced nurses (Fellows) typically have more than 12 months of experience in same practice setting.
This Transition into Practice Program (TIP) is offered throughout our California hospitals with the following considerations and in various clinical areas:
Variety of Positions
Typically, the medical/surgical/telemetry clinical areas have more openings than other specialties.
Availability of clinical areas varies at each medical center
There are often more night shift opportunities than day shift assignments.
Specialties MAY Include:
Labor & Delivery
Medical Surgical / Telemetry
Post Anesthesia Care Unit
Transitional Care Unit
In this position you will:
- Work with a preceptor and assume increasing responsibility during the fellowship.
- Demonstrate competencies in populations served at completion of fellowship.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety. Identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years of hire or 20 years of RN experience
- Active California state RN license
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) or BSN in progress
- Resuscitation courses completed for the specialty area you are applying to or must complete within the required time frame for that specialty
To be considered for the program, please attach the following documents:
- A current resume
- Letter of intent to include why you are interested in Providence Health & Services, the values you will bring to the organization, and how our program will help further your professional career goals
- Three references; one from a clinical instructor on school letterhead (for newly graduated RNs), one from a previous and/or current employer and one personal reference
About Providence Health & Services, Southern California:
Anchored by six award-winning comprehensive medical centers and our CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Partner) accredited TrinityCare Hospice, an innovator and leader in providing hospice care for patients and families, Providence Health & Services-Southern California provides a full spectrum of care. These services include not only leading-edge diagnostics and treatment, but also outpatient health centers, the well-regarded Providence Medical Institute physician group, numerous outreach programs and clinics serving those in need, hospice and home care, and even our own Providence High School, a Blue Ribbon college-preparatory campus.
Our San Fernando Valley Medical Centers include:
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank
- Providence Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana
Our Coastal Community Medical Centers include:
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in San Pedro
- Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: RN Resident
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 153164