Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
The Nurse Practitioner of Health Plan provides patient medical care by assessing, diagnosing, treating, and evaluating responses to treatment in a variety of illnesses, infections, and injuries in accordance with the Texas Board of Nursing APRN Scope of Practice and federal requirements and guidelines. This role also provides education and counseling to promote health wellness and facilitate disease prevention.
Essential Functions for the role include
- Assesses the physical condition of patients by performing and obtaining comprehensive or problem-focused physical examinations and medical histories.
- Orders, collects, interprets, and evaluates laboratory and other diagnostic tests to assess patient problems and health care needs.
- Prescribes, recommends, and/or employs medical drug therapies or other forms of related therapeutic treatments and procedures in accordance with approved protocols/policy and with attention to efficacy, safety, and cost. Recommends interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Formulates and implements comprehensive outcomes-based patient care plans based on patient assessments, scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines. Evaluates the patients response to the health care provided and the effectiveness of care.
- Counsels patients and families regarding medical processes, management of the health illness/condition, medication, nutrition, and health promotion. Counsels patients about drug regimens and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as food supplements, over-the-counter medications, and herbal remedies.
- Maintains appropriate records detailing the patients treatment plans and outcomes. Initiates timely consultation and referral when the problem exceeds scope of practice and/or expertise.
The ideal candidate for The Nurse Practitioner HTPLN position has strong verbal and written communication skills. The Nurse Practitioner has the knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities to include symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.
Internal Number: 20013948
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!