Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others."
This is a very busy endoscopy department that performs endoscopic surgery, manometry and other complex advanced lung and digestive cases. The Endoscopy Techs assist the nurses with each case. We treat 30 - 40 patients per day, performing advanced therapeutic endoscopy procedures including EGD and Colonoscopy. Patients are then sent to PACU to recover. The Endoscopy department has 4 Endoscopy Suites, which is also shared with pulmonology services.
Previous patient care experience, Endo tech or surgical tech experience in a procedural experience is a plus. This shift is four 10s scheduled between Monday- Friday from 7:00am- 5:30pm with call as required.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assists with prescribed endoscopic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assists with case preparation, pulls appropriate instruments and supplies. May assists with maintaining the accurate information on preference cards. Reviews case for procedural needs and ensures the correct diagnostic and therapeutic devices are available.
2. Assists in performing endoscopic procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Anticipates and prepares for changing needs.
3. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash. Responsible for the cleaning, disinfection, sterilization and storage of scopes and reusable devices. Ensures that unused supplies are returned appropriately.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of all diagnostic and therapeutic equipment, assists with the proper set up of appropriate equipment and positioning devices/patients in procedures rooms. Assist with the cleaning/stocking of procedure rooms and carts.
5. Supports the operations of the department by assisting with clerical duties as needed.
6. This position works under direct supervision and follows pre-established procedures and protocols. Internal customers are patients and all levels of staff. External customers may include practicing physicians and patient families.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
This position requires clinical knowledge normally associated with 1 - 2 years of previous experience in a health care setting. Must demonstrate effective organizational, communication and human relations skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Certification preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.