Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Cardio and Radiology Endo Services (CARE) department is the pre and post operative area for procedural patients. As an Endo Tech, you will assist the endoscopy team during endoscopy procedures. You will arrange and inventory sterile set-up for operation, and pass items as needed to the endoscopy team. You will assist in cleaning the endoscopy room and scopes. This department is open Monday-Friday and closed on holidays. The on call rotation is small so this provides a strong work/home life balance. This shift is part-time, two 10 hour shifts from 6:30am- 5:00pm scheduled between Monday to Friday.
Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 305-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of health care services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we've been named one of the "ten most innovative hospitals in the country" by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members. We encourage the use of such therapies as pet therapy, aromatherapy, spiritual care and Reiki Therapy.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assists with prescribed endoscopic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assists with case preparation, pulls appropriate instruments and supplies. May assists with maintaining the accurate information on preference cards. Reviews case for procedural needs and ensures the correct diagnostic and therapeutic devices are available.
2. Assists in performing endoscopic procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Anticipates and prepares for changing needs.
3. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash. Responsible for the cleaning, disinfection, sterilization and storage of scopes and reusable devices. Ensures that unused supplies are returned appropriately.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of all diagnostic and therapeutic equipment, assists with the proper set up of appropriate equipment and positioning devices/patients in procedures rooms. Assist with the cleaning/stocking of procedure rooms and carts.
5. Supports the operations of the department by assisting with clerical duties as needed.
6. This position works under direct supervision and follows pre-established procedures and protocols. Internal customers are patients and all levels of staff. External customers may include practicing physicians and patient families.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
This position requires clinical knowledge normally associated with 1 - 2 years of previous experience in a health care setting. Must demonstrate effective organizational, communication and human relations skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Certification preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.