Functions as a liaison between CHRISTUS EMS and First Responder Organizations (FROâ€™s) operating in the communities in which CHRISTUS EMS provides 911 services. Assist in the instruction of CHRISTUS EMS associates, FROâ€™s and students attending CHRISTUS EMS educational offerings. Participates in educational program planning under the guidance of the EMS Education Coordinator and conducts training and evaluation for those events. May be directed to participate in other related projects as deemed necessary by the Chief Clinical Director.
1. Hold a current Texas Department of State Health Services Paramedic License or Certification
2. Hold a current Texas Department of State Health Services EMS Instructor
3. Instructor designation in the following courses
a. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
b. Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
c. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Professionals (PEPP)
d. Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
4. Have been actively employed as a Paramedic for at least 5 years
5. Hold a valid Class C driverâ€™s license
6. Be able to travel to attend Fire Department, Emergency Services District, and City Council meetings as needed
7. Be a high school graduate or have a GED
1. Associateâ€™s Degree preferred
2. Hold a Current Texas Department of State Health Services Basic or Advanced Course Coordinator certificate.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.