Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Are you interested in driving healthcare forward? This is your chance to sharpen and grow your skills while getting to know our patients, who appreciate the knowledge and skills that you bring to the table.
Christiana Care Health System is seeking a Registered Nurse to work Day Shift (7a-7p) in the Weekend Incentive Program (WIP) at our Wilmington Hospital on the 4N Medical Unit. This position works 3 out of 4 weekends.
The scope of services on 4/5 Medical encompasses a variety of diagnoses including but not limited to: stroke, pneumonia, urinary tract infection, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart failure, cellulitis, substance use disorder and psychiatric diagnoses. The unit is designated as a Primary Stroke Unit by the Joint Commission.
The patient population cared for in this area include adult and geriatric patients aged 18-105. The conditions of patients cared for in this area can be described as fair, good and guarded. The patients are received, admitted and transferred from the Emergency Department, the Step Down Unit, the Intensive Care Unit, and Direct Admissions from the community and provider offices.
Working on a mixed-acuity unit will provide you the opportunity to be ACLS certified, learn from critical and emergent patient situations and using best practice techniques from evidence-based care. We encourage an environment of growth and expanding knowledge, promoting up the clinical ladder, openness and inclusivity. Many of our nurses who have been on our unit for over 15 years, and welcome anyone who is looking to find a place to grow into an excellent nurse.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial mentor, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
What are we about: Our mission as an organization is to serve our neighbors as expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value. This is our promise to you. As a nonprofit health system, our mission is one of service. We believe that the key to providing truly great health care is to partner with our patients and their families, building a system of care that is effective, affordable and valuable to everyone who is touched by it.
ChristianaCare has the most advanced health care technology available to help meet your needs. But more important than the technology is our commitment to partner with you to meet your individual needs. We want to care for you and help you live the healthy life you want to live.
- BSN required.
- ADNs candidate are required to commitment to obtaining BSN within three years of date of hire can be considered with relevant experience.
- Qualified applicants will have at least two years experience. Acute care or sub acute care experience preferred.
- BLS required