Location: Newark, Delaware
Are you ready to for new skills? This is your chance to sharpen and grow your skills while getting to know our patients, who appreciate the knowledge and skills that you bring to the table!
Christiana Care Health System is seeking a Registered Nurse to work 36 hours per week on the Night Shift (7P - 7A) at our Christiana Hospital on this Unit. Weekend and Holidays - per the guidelines of the department.
3C Medical Unit Stepdown recently received the AACN Beacon Award for Excellence: Silver 2022-2025
The Beacon Award for Excellence recognizes amazing caregivers in units who set the standard for excellence in patient card environments by collecting and using evidence-based information to improve patient outcomes along with patient and staff satisfaction
As a member of our team, you will deliver holistic patient care that is patient and family centered to ensure patient comfort and positive outcomes by providing education related to medications and disease processes. In addition, you will closely monitor patients and manage any emergencies than may arise.
You will assist in managing a 4-5 patient assignment. 3C Medical Stepdown staff and leadership take pride in our dedication and teamwork to provide safe, quality care to all of our patients.
You will see a range of diagnoses including Respiratory Failure, COPD, Acute Renal Failure, GI Bleed, DKA, Sepsis, and many others. 3C nurses are highly skilled in caring for acutely ill and complex patients, who are proficient in telemetry monitoring, non-ventilator dependent trach collar and High Flow Nasal Cannula management, wound care and more.
We offer a variety of PT and FT positions and are flexible with our staffing to meet the individual needs of our team members.
Qualities and Experience We Are Looking For
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with an interdisciplinary team and peers
- A positive outlook and willingness to embrace change
- Compassionate and dedicated caregivers
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial mentor, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
What are we about: Our mission as an organization is to serve our neighbors as expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value. This is our promise to you. As a nonprofit health system, our mission is one of service. We believe that the key to providing truly great health care is to partner with our patients and their families, building a system of care that is effective, affordable and valuable to everyone who is touched by it.
ChristianaCare has the most advanced health care technology available to help meet your needs. But more important than the technology is our commitment to partner with you to meet your individual needs. We want to care for you and help you live the healthy life you want to live.
- BSN required.
- ADNs candidate are required to commitment to obtaining BSN within three years of date of hire can be considered with relevant experience.
- Qualified applicants will have at least one year experience. Acute care or sub acute care experience preferred.
- BLS required
The successful candidate may be eligible up to a $10,000 sign on bonus to be paid over a period of 12 months.