Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Nemours is seeking an RN II Gastroenterology for our Jacksonville clinic.
The RN II provides and coordinates nursing care in partnership with the child and family and other community resources that is individualized to meet the child or family's unique needs and situation. The RN II considers individual, cultural, ethnic, and religious values and beliefs in planning and delivering evidence-based care to both individual children and also the disease specific population, by providing pertinent teaching, coordination, continuity of care and consultation with appropriate community resources.
The RN II works collaboratively to empower children and their families to make informed decisions regarding their health care, including health promotion, prevention of disease or complications, and attainment of a peaceful death when applicable. The degree of participation by the child and family will vary based upon preference and ability, and in the case of the child, upon age, developmental abilities, and cognitive understanding of the plan of care.
- Responsible for the care of patients within specific population
- Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for providing and evaluating nursing care; applies knowledge of growth and development, pathophysiology, and family dynamics in delivery of care.
- Delivers family centered, evidence based care in a nonjudgmental and nondiscriminatory manner that is sensitive to and values diversity, and protects the child and family's autonomy, dignity an d rights.
- Documents all aspects of nursing care delivery appropriately.
- Protects the human and legal rights of the pediatric patient and family. Adheres to the ANA Code of Ethics for nurses. Maintains confidentiality within legal and regulatory parameters
- Advocates for the child, and works with families, social service agencies and the courts when there is concern about child abuse, neglect, or other forms of family violence
- Assumes accountability for professional practice development and supports/contributes to Nursing Shared Governance within the Professional Practice Model
- Provide leadership, staff education, and support to division nurses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Licensed as a RN in state of Florida required.
- Minimum of two (2) years' clinical pediatric nursing experience required.
- American Heart Association BLS certification required upon hire.