For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Provide and direct the nursing care of the patient and supervise paraprofessional personnel in the operating room.
- Coordinate patient care intraoperatively
- Process operative paperwork
- Perform circulating duties
- Coordinate transition from operating room to recovery room
- Communicate accurate patient history and physical condition
- Work as a team member within the surgery center department and with all other departments
- Perform other related duties as assigned
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned, and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State of Washington as a Registered Nurse
- BCLS/CPR certification
- ACLS certification
- PALS certification
- 2 years prior OR experience
- Ability to lift and transfer patients
- Ability to rotate to other areas within the surgery
- May require occasional extra hours or work
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ambulatory surgery center experience in multi-specialty
- Membership and involvement in professional nursing organizations (for example, AORN)
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Good oral and written command of the English language
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and tasks
- Ability to problem solve patient medical and non-medical problems
- Ability to perform job quickly and accurately every time
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and patient care
- X-ray, lab, nursing, and other departments in the clinic
- Staff members of endoscopy and surgery centers
- Lead/Charge Nurse, Nurse Supervisor, Director of Nursing and Practice Manager
- Patients and their families
- Outside physicians
- Sales representatives
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.