APC - Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP) - Population Health
Optum Medical Care
Location: Poughkeepsie, Town of, New York
Type: Full Time
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: ADULT006329
Position Overview: Under general supervision, provides independent acute and/or routine medical follow-up care visits throughout Optum's TriState region. As a general practitioner serving a diverse patient population, and with current, unencumbered NYS license, provides patient centered care, consultation and advice to others.
The Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP) assumes responsibility and accountability for the nursing assessment and/or primary care for a selected population of patients within scope of experience and training in the inpatient, clinic, physician office, outpatient and/or other facility settings as allowable under state law and practice acts. The Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP) performs acts, which require substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills based upon principles of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences. The professional nurse is responsible and accountable for making decisions that are based on the individual's educational preparation and experience in nursing. The ANP functions under the collaborative practice agreement for delegated medical aspects of care with collaborating physician(s).
Essential Job Requirements:
* Provides anticipatory guidance, screening and health education to patients to promote and maintain health.
* Initiates treatment for patients with commonly occurring health problems, which lie within the nurse specialist's scope of practice, by using a systematic approach to history and physical appraisal of patients and/or families through clinical judgment of evaluated data.
* Perform comprehensive health assessment including obtaining a complete and accurate health history from the patient or significant other; performing a complete and accurate physical examination; and administering selected measures of physical, cognitive and psychosocial development in accordance with standardized guidelines.
* Order/perform selected diagnostic tests and procedures as indicated by the patient's condition.
* Using the data obtained in the health assessment and diagnostic studies, interprets clinical findings and develops a complete, accurate differential diagnoses/health care problems list.
* Identifies and appropriately uses available resources in meeting the health care and health education needs of patients and families, including but not limited to consultation with other physicians and allied health professionals.
* Plans appropriate care utilizing community resources and acts as a liaison by relaying information necessary for continuity of care to other health professionals and agencies.
* Prescribes, coordinates, delegates and evaluates care.
* Prescribes medications listed in the approved institutional formulary as a function delegated by the physician consultant(s) to the practice and in accordance with state regulatory acts.
* Monitors patients with stabilized long term or chronic illness and aids and supports individuals and their families during the dying process.
* Develops and implements health promotion, illness/injury prevention and therapeutic plans congruent with the client's diagnosis, health care problem or need.
* Instructs individual and/or families or groups about health or defined health problems. * Prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established standards to include but not limited to timeliness, legibility, accuracy, content and signature.
* Participates in Quality Assurance activities.
* Participates in research projects.
* Participates in education of graduate nursing students and/or other health care providers, as assigned.
* Promotes guest relations; anticipates and responds to the needs of others; provides assistance in a courteous, quick manner; treats others with care and respect maintaining privacy, confidentiality and dignity, in accordance with current HIPAA guidelines.
* Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
Education & Qualifications:
* Master's degree in nursing with advanced skills in physical assessment.
* Licensing: Registered Nurse with current unrestricted license to practice and use the title of Nurse
* Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nurse in the state(s) in which employed and practicing.
* Training and experience: Unless otherwise indicated, one year of current experience within the last three years in a comparable job classification required.
* Possess current advanced certifications as required by clinical practice area/client:(i.e. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support (PALS Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP
* Maintenance of current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for HealthCare Workers or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for HealthCare workers.
* Certification by American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
* Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of client information.
* Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
* Able to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask, goggles, latex/non-latex gloves) as needed.
* Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
* Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
* Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
* Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology.
* Health Requirements-- In good health and able to work without restrictions as evidenced by Health Statement.
* Compliance with Supplemental Health Care's pre-assignment and medical requirements including: current TB screen, or Chest X-ray and questionnaire if proof of positive TB screen; Measles/Mumps/Rubella immunizations or titers indicating immunity; Hepatitis B Information or Waiver; and any additional state or facility medical requirements.
* Physical Demands-Stooping, turning, bending, squatting, kneeling and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds; constant/repetitive standing; requires normal, correctable vision and hearing, and the ability to accurately discern color as necessary to perform job functions.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Optum will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Optum is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
CareMount Medical, P.C. is New York State’s premier multispecialty medical group, providing comprehensive care of the highest quality to over 665,000 patients. CareMount has more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. CareMount’s 650 physicians and advanced practice professionals cover more than 50 medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital and Northwell Health. CareMount offers on-site laboratory/radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. CareMount physicians are featured in respected Top Doctors and Best Doctors listings, nationally and regionally. For additional information please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.