Location: West Nyack, New York
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
The Rockland Pulmonary & Medical Associates is seeking a licensed Nurse Practitioner to join our growing team of medical professionals. Your duties will include recording patients' medical histories, performing physical exams, administering diagnostic tests, and creating patient care plans. You will also administer treatment and observe patients' functioning over time.
5 days a week, with some on-call. Hours are flexible.
- Performing physical exams and patient observations.
- Recording patients' medical histories and symptoms.
- Creating patient care plans and contributing to existing ones.
- Ordering, administering and analyzing diagnostic tests.
- Monitoring and operating medical equipment.
- Diagnosing health issues.
- May prescribe medications in accordance with established hospital procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Detecting changes in patient's health and modifying treatment plans, as needed.
- Consulting with healthcare professionals and families.
- Training patients and their families to manage and prevent illness and injury.
- Utilizes automated systems and specialized software to enter and retrieve data and prepare reports.
* Professional nursing experience preferred.
* Possession of a valid license and current registration, issued by the New York State Department of Education as a Registered Professional Nurse
* Possession of current certification as a Nurse Practitioner, with prescription writing privileges, issued by the New York State Department of Education in a specialty area of practice.
Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.