All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
·Benefits from Day One
·Paid Days Off from Day One
·Student Loan Repayment Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule:Full Time, Day - Plus Call
Location: 40100 US-27, Davenport, FL 33837
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
AdventHealth Heart of Florida is a licensed 193-bed acute care hospital, coupled with outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community for over 50 years.
As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
High-quality care that has been recognized by the Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and the American Diabetes Association.
Located in Davenport, FL., which is close to major destinations, like Busch Gardens, Legoland, and Walt Disney World, without being located in the central hub of tourism.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department.Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
· NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
· NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
· PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
· COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
· Ability to work as a Team player within a unit
· Effective verbal and oral communication and problem-solving skills
· EKG (based on patient population; see document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of a school of nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.